Sunday, March 29, 2020

Pan 7 - Self Isolation, cont

I'm writing this from the vantage of Day 4.

Simply put...... 'life's changed'.

It's not just about what's happening out there.....not just about how daily life has changed....but how, it's also opportunity to look within. Ponder over the 'default to choice'  spectrum.

On the absolute contrary, what's also standing out is how this has made us go back to basics.....how all those facets of life which were outsourced have landed back on our lap.

It's paradoxical. At one level while I can talk about what gives life meaning, at another I am totally caught up in 'the life of detail'.

Between doing dishes, sweeping, swabbing, disinfecting, cooking.....and staying alive......there seems to be zero time for 'life as it was'. I haven't read a single book.  I haven't watched a single show or movie in over a week. There's neither the time, nor the mind space for it.

In a sense I guess that's also what made me come back to blogging. I didn't want to lose myself to the 'life of detail'. And of course Diksha's story needed capture, and am I glad it came in the form of motivation to write.

It's taking conscious effort. 

It's like what they say 'the urgent is louder than the important', and at times like this it's so easy to lose sight.

Just being busy has never been my thing....it's like I read somewhere "the ants are also busy.....the question is what are you busy with".

In and through the life of detail, to remember there is space for choice. 

Right now even I'm tempted to say 'god knows where', but that's the whole charm of it. Choice doesn't come easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment