Thursday, December 29, 2016

What's Your Real Name Aunty?

The kittens continue to enable new experiences.

Gowri, Jnana and S 

Like Diksha says, they're now teenage kittens. Yet, we often have kids come and play with the kittens. In fact now there are so many different groups of kids who come, that I've pretty much lost track. 

Yesterday, Jnana turns around and asks 'what's your real name, aunty?'. I first didn't get it, and then I was like, 'Huh? I have a non real name?'. And it was her turn to be surprised....almost with a look like, how could you not know your name, she said...'you are ki ki aunty'.

I'm like 'w...h...a...t?  what is that?'

'kitten kitten aunty'

And even after I said Smitha, they were like 'in this whole building, you'll be ki ki aunty only'. 

I don't think I've ever had a more endearing nickname, if I may call it that :)

2 comments:

  1. I like it too. Kiki.sounds like a bird. Free,independent,migratory,looking for new experiences. Suits you,dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, sweet....I hadn't added so much meaning :)

    ReplyDelete