Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Did I miss writing

And how....

Ever since I started to blog (which is over two years now) , I don't think I've ever been this low on writing. The gaps I used to allow myself were the travel gaps, so this made me wonder. I was very much in Bangalore, not in a full time job, the course gave me enough time.....yet I wasn't writing.

It made me step back and look deeper into the space. What's that relationship made off. ( the me with my writing one :)

And I got some startling answers.

It's pretty literally space to connect into oneself. 

Writing can be ( is) in essence such an internal process, like a space inside of you that you make connection with........it's space to feel, to process, to be. And when that space gets taken up by other stuff, be it the life of detail, the demands of relationships, the concerns on specific issues, deeper internal processing........poof, it takes away this space.

My clock might show me available hours, but the connect may not happen. The mind space is taken see.....

Guess I did yesterday's post on 'know thyself' for a reason (nothing happens without reason). Maybe actually used 'meta cognition' to see what's up....look to what's blocking....all that jazz.

Made me all over again understand what being in the flow is....and to watch for how we can unknowingly, in a default kind of way, slowly drift off. And then to make a conscious choice; let the drift be for a while, the reason makes sense.... alternatively, to reconnect.

Taking the choice makes you realize that 'writing happens not when one has time, but to enable that time'. Time is not a concept out there....it's the clarity inside the head........and that's what enables a lot of time, time to do all the things you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment