Friday, December 18, 2015

My First Tarot Reading

Tarot reading sure is a more esoteric practice than many others. It straight brings to mind a woman with loose hair, flowing robes, a crystal ball, dimly lit room..... foretelling impending doom.

It's really nothing like that.  There's nothing so mysterious or psychic about it. In fact Tarot reading doesn't even claim to predict or foretell ones future.

It is in essence a mechanism that enables you to connect to yourself, connect to the energy within the individual......and to the energy of the universe around the individual.

   
It's more of an incisive tool to self awareness. It's one way of enabling a delving into deeper layers of consciousness and then to how one connects to the possibilities and energies that surround you.

I've been learning and practicing for a few months now. Last week a friend happened to see the cards on the shelf, and asked if I would do a reading for her. 

I was game to try, though I told her I was yet learning and not a pro at it. She was interested, so I did a reading.....my very first. And was I was thrilled, when at the end of it she was like, 'that was really nice, and I could so connect to the cards....... and what you said sure gave perspective and pushed thought'. Fun, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment