Thursday, December 31, 2015

A List of Top 10 Books That Touched My Life

A friend recently asked me what the purpose of my book shelf was, or rather my books sitting on it was........is it like an art piece, do you ever reread, is it to prove something, a decor for the room, what?


In the process of answering him, I figured something deeper. While a lot of the books are for the pure joy of it.....for good story, for good literature, for good writing....... there are some which are far dearer. They are ones which have touched my life in a deeper sense...... that clearly influenced perspective shifts, world view and some maybe even my very way of being. The ones which fall in that list:
  1. New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
  2. If You Love Someone - Hari Mohan Paruvu
  3. Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Richard Bach
  4. The Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield
  5. A Short History of Almost Everything - Bill Bryson
  6. Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  7. Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
  8. Razors Edge - Somerset Maugham
  9. Silence - Thich That Hanh
  10. Fountain Head - Ayn Rand
  11. My Experiments with Truth - Gandhi
  12. Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramahamsa Yogananda
  13. The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran
  14. Being and Nothingness - John Paul Sartre
  15. Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
  16. The Zahir - Paulo Coelho
  17. Many Lives Many Masters - Brian Weiss
  18. Illusions - Richard Bach
And am I glad they came into life when they did.......

3 comments:

  1. Would love to read reviews of this list.
    Waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. At last some one speaks along.Thanks Kiran.

      Delete