Friday, June 26, 2015

A SELCO Story - Airlight

This is innovation of a different kind. Airlite, a mechanism to enable lighting and ventilation in houses and schools with tin roofs. It's a fairly familiar concept used in upmarket urban residences...... adapted here for use in the under-served segment. 



A friend and colleague Nagaraj, works on the Airlight product and he kind of stumped me the other day when he asked me a very valid question. I was like.....I'm not sure we can do Airlight under the Entrepreneur Fund..... it's not really renewable energy intervention (I was thinking photovoltaic or thermal) and he's like, "it's still solar, right?" And then he sent me this video to convince me. It's a short 2 minute video, so watch......and, if you come across slums, houses, schools which you think could benefit from it, do reach out  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment