Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sujata's Works of Art

This is a painting done by a close friend, Sujatha, and has a place of prominence in my house. And there's almost no one who walks into my house who doesn't have a comment on it; and this inspite of my having some other real large paintings on my walls too. It competes with panache :)



A visit to her house at Hubli..... and a couple of paintings she'd done way back in college caught my attention.




















Old school paintings, but I still love these for their level of detail, and beauty, but apparently I know little about art :)

She's been painting for a long while now, self taught, and with several exhibitions to her credit as well. From these paintings....... through to the one on my wall, clearly brings out her shift from realism to abstract, the fusion abstract, which is the acceptable art form of today. 

Apparently, abstract art came into existence with the invention of the camera, somewhere in the early nineteen hundreds. It's like cameras could capture realism so painting had to be about something internal to the artists mind and so came about abstract and it was initially totally abstract, like totally lacking a subject.

The newer trend  (thankfully for the likes of me)  have subjects. but in abstract form; its a fusion of realism and the abstract, like the ones she does now.

Here are some of her paintings:




That's a Radha Krishna theme. it's one of her hall mark styles,  and the style is now recognized as hers in some art circles.






This is an under water series she'd done





This is another version of Radha Krishna, the third one of which is the one at my place




I find the Buddha almost surreal.  



If anyone's interested in picking up her pieces or even wanting to get one done, let me know...... I'm happy to do my bit promoting her art. I've always thought her paintings had a natural depth. 

Proud of you Sujata Pawar !

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I keep browsing ur blog now n then but this post really took me by surprised. I am honored and pleased and feeling happy. :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sujatha the aquamarine combinations and the blues in krishna is great colour work.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Sujatha can consider suing Avatar producers for copying her Krishna imagery and colour schemes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giriji I am glad that you liked my paintings.Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous ....let me first thank you for the compliment ...secondly i m astound by that comment...i mean the comparison of Krishna with Avatar ...Lol, but know what this is the second time i am hearing it, there was this small kid who come to my exhibition calling his mother to see Avatar Paintings...And i was like ...REALLY??? ....But i have been painting krishna in this style even before Avatar came so u r right maybe I should consider suing Avatar Productions ;) Looks like some like minded person out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to this blog I got not only appreciation but also sold my paintings :) ....thanks Smitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue is such.a overpowering color for humans as it is the colour they see to the maximum extent. The sky which is the largest space visible . The.color is said to have positive energy. So that is why Vishnu and his Avatar_ krishna is depicted in blue. You have instinctively picked up this color because of the intuition our culture brings in to all that is positive.
    the filmmakers would have factored knowledge, visual appeal,market,.etc to arrive at this color scheme.
    so kudos to you Sujatha and best of luck.Looking forward to see more of your paintings.

    ReplyDelete