Monday, May 25, 2015

Push Past Negatives

A small anecdote with a clear lesson:

I'm planning a road trip to Coorg with Diksha. My cousin Amit, recommends a home stay and he's been to Coorg enough number of times for me to blindly accept his recommendation.

I check the place online. It looks good. I run it past Diksha and she likes it too.

I feed in my dates and the pop out was 'SOLD OUT'.

Initial disappointment. Could I look for others? Sure, I could, but this was a known good.
I decide to call the place. Mr.Uthappa answers and says, "sorry we're sold out".

I'm like......'Oh, I actually saw that on your site, but thought I'd check anyways ...... sad...your place came strongly recommended, and I was keen'.

He hesitates....he's then, "when did you say you were coming?"  I give him the dates and he's like...."do you want a standard room or a deluxe?"

:) :) :)

Looking past the initial negative got me to a sure positive !!

1 comment:

  1. Pushing the negativity hopping for a positivity
    Pushing out the past negativity for positivity

    Applies well

    Push past negativity.🐑📀😝

    ReplyDelete