Friday, January 31, 2020

What's with people !?!

This is not to say each of us is not different, and that each will be what they are....it's rather on observation about the points at which they intersect

One sunday, early morning, a couple sundays back, I was on my way to kbr for my walk, I was almost at kbr when I got a call from my mother, an sos call saying come. 

I turned back right away.......I was about fifteen minutes from home. Something in her voice had conveyed a deep sense of urgency. I tried to hitch a ride back home. I thumbed down atleast five cars, even cars with couples in them. But not one stopped. In two of the cars I could even see the couple talk to themselves over the decision.

While I ran walked home, and we got to the hospital on time, and that ended well.......something on this stayed with me, this inability of people to respond to an unusual situation.

Look at the situation.

Evidently a walker from my tracks and shoes.... no autos there so early in the morning......worry writ large on my face......an age which should not evoke suspicion............how much of a threat could I have looked.

What stopped them from stopping for me? 

Fear..........lack of trust...........lack of discernment........inability to be adaptive.......stuck in their own worlds......lack of empathy .......what?

Likely, some or all of those.

I write because I'd like for this to be a nudge, for whoever it can be, and definitely for me........if that were me in the car, I'd like to be someone who stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment