Sunday, July 1, 2018

In the clouds - Munnar

This is the last of the Kerala trip.....

While I've done several visits to the mountains, this I think was my first during the monsoons, a time that's considered off season.

Another space we may be good not listening to the crowd :)

Munnar in the monsoons was simply beautiful, like literally and metaphorically being in the clouds. Plus it was on my birthday, and much as it's considered graceful to say, 'it's just another day, doesn't really matter', I won't be able to say that. I simply love my birthdays, and above any other day of the year, it's the one day I will celebrate at a deep level. What better day to reiterate your love for life :)

And it was a special birthday in ways more than one. One, was Diksha saying 'okay, let's get dressed and go down for dinner ( to the restaurant, as we were already at the resort). And what's more, she says, "you come in casuals if you want, I'm going to wear a saree....and this is not just symbolic ma...it's what I'm feeling.. a role reversal of sorts". That was so interesting and uplifting and fun. 

Rest in pictures:

This is literally above the clouds


Driving through the clouds, we did long drives and less walks


Cumulonimbus clouds


Pretty rolling mountains


Thick cloud cover


Tea plantations in clouds


Now that we have a full feel of the monsoons....some other stuff from there. Pepper and cardamom, spices grow even wild there :)


Fresh carrots and makka butta are like kirana shop items


Crane your neck to look eucalyptus trees


On a trek we did one evening....dikshas back


Jackfruit is again all over the place


 Deech getting us nice hot makka butta with salt and nimbu


After the trek, me chilling on a swing


Thanks to the monsoons, there's lovely waterfalls everywhere



Binoy our driver for the four days...this was breakfast on the way to Cochin


On my birthday, the role reversal one :)


Deech, that was another wonderful wonderful just us trip..... Cherished for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment