Saturday, July 28, 2018

A Sunrise from Home

This morning, 5.20 am, I'm fast asleep and I feel aunty's hand on my shoulders "leya ve, come out and see the sky".

I tumbled out of bed, eyes yet half closed...... and stepped out to this; a still dark horizon, and a sky of pretty pink serrated clouds.

Within minutes the bugs start getting to us (we're still in night clothes), and I'm like going back in and she says "why don't you wait till the sun rises" and I'm like "ayyo aunty....when will that be?", to hear "phones in your hand, check what time sunrise is".

5.30 am and I'm googling sunrise in hilo. Well google told...it said 5.43, and wait we did, nammu and me.


And then we see a silver lining, the one that says the sun must be behind that cloud


And then it's coming up from behind the clouds


And further up....but kind of bright as it was coming up from behind clouds


And it's full on bright in under three minutes


Pretty huh !

No comments:

Post a Comment