Monday, September 5, 2016

Teacher's Day

I first thought....why write a post every teacher's day

Then, there were two anecdotes from the day which changed my mind.

The first, a morning chat with Diksha. I was like 'it's teacher's day, even if you've grown out of roses and cards....it's still a day to acknowledge, and send that thought of gratitude to those you've learnt from....teachers who had an impact on you......who've left a mark..... you had a good experience with....so, if you had to recall, who would they be'

She thought for a bit, and I was so surprised, and also happy to hear her say...... firstly Kuhu ma'am of course ( she was her class teacher in LKG, at DPS, all of fifteen years back ) .....and then Sarla ma'am, and Pallavi ma'am from high school, and Prabhakar Sir and Arun Mani Sir from College.......and then she said..... and you ma... and ammamma, and I think akkaya ammamma too. That touched deep.

The second: we were at a traffic signal, and there was this old beggar man who came by the window. As diksha was searching for change, I saw a Cadbury bar on the dashboard, and I asked him if he'd like to have it. He looked puzzled, so I opened the wrapper and asked if he wanted chocolate, and he said 'Yes', with a wide toothless grin. And then, I got special blessings from him.... and with a look of such gratitude, that I was left humbled by the experience.

And it's relevance today.... giving toffees to beggars is a gesture I learnt from a friend, and one I love so much.... that what better day than today to acknowledge my thanks.

                         

2 comments:

  1. It's the best article.
    Teacher's day is not only dedicated to teachers of schools and colleges. It to those who teaches anything and everything in our life, from a kid to elders in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kusuma....glad you liked it, and happy it resonated with you :)

    ReplyDelete