Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The feline connect !

Apparently, our affinity for cats or dogs as pets reflects our own personalities, and considering I’ve earlier always had a dog, but am now totally into cats, I actually got curious enough to read.

A basic difference in the nature of the pets itself is well summarized by a British journalist Christopher Hitchens: ‘Owners of dogs will have noticed that if you provide them with food, water, shelter and affection, they will think you are God, whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that if you provide them with all this, they draw the conclusion that they are God.’ 

Six months with a lot of cats and this I fully endorse. They're very individualistic and arrogant. And what I also love is how self sufficient and non demanding they are.


He's an exception, he really demands his attention.
The moment my laptops on my lap, he's on the keyboard.

That's one whole set of brethren

Not to miss the similarity in pose between 
him and the tiger in the painting behind

 This one definitely thinks he's boss. 
  He hisses at me if I linger around :)
                                                 
Many see this apparent conflict between the attitudes of dogs and cats mirrored in the personalities of those who choose to be with one or the other. 

The general pattern that emerges from various studies is that dog owners are more social, interactive, disciplined and accepting, whereas cat owners are more introverted, self-contained, neurotic and less sociable. Dog lovers apparently follow rules closely and are more energetic and outgoing, while cat lovers are non conformist, preferring to be expedient rather than follow the rules.

Am passing no judgment, but I kind of see some truth there........ I guess you can figure out for yourself what type you are :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a cat person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very interesting... does italso mean that people change, as in your case? I would see that... and.. ;) what happens to neither cat nor dog lovers???????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vishakha, On the... do we change bit...I'd sure hope we do, what else would be growth? :). For the neither cat nor dog lovers...this does not create those characteristics, it's indicative, and a fun indicative :)

    ReplyDelete