Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Raghu playing with Zakir Hussain

This deserved a break in the Goa trip chronicles.

Raghu is in concert with Ustad Zaakir Hussain at Mumbai this evening.


Girija had told me about this concert and sent it's poster, a couple months back, and it was super exciting. Just to see his picture on the poster alongwith the greats in music was just so so fulfilling. And today she sent me this.

Lower row, third from right is Raghu.

She's going to Mumbai for the concert. And am I glad, as there were some potential obstacles there. Glad she stuck it out.

Then yest morning, I'm talking to Vishakha; she was supposed to be coming to Hyd today, and she says "hey, there's change of plans, I'm not coming as I'm going to a jazz concert of Zakir Hussain, paid a fortune for it"

What a Wow moment.....just to be able to say "know what, Raghu's playing in the concert too !!"

These are such precious moments, as they validate hours and hours of such difficult, almost gut wrenching thoughts, conversations and conflicts through the process of  Raghu's journey with his guitar. Right from the day when at twenty two he came home and according to Girija, threw the engineering certificate in her face and said "this was for you amma, now I'm on my own".

It's been no smooth journey.....and continues to be so. Walking the alternate path is tough.....there's always the uncertainty, the ups and downs, crazy pressure.........to stick through all that is no easy course. These are the moments of glory that can hold you there.

Today is International Jazz Day, and what a wonderful  day to be dedicating this to Raghu and his music.

Congratulations Raghu... not just for being on this concert, but for having persisted, and believed in your dream.. in your passion.. and in yourself, so proud of you !!!

And Girija, to you too.....cause god knows girl, or should I say 'I know', you so deserve it too !

Adding in....at 7 pm, a picture of the proud parents at NCPA:


Congratulations again Ram and Girija....surely a super proud moment for you!!

3 comments:

  1. That's some connections there! Smi how come you r missing it? I am so happy for Girija it's a big day and my very best wishes to Raghu. You r sure going to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Smitha. Only you could have put it out in the most eloquent and realistic way. I am so grateful to powers to be that we were put together in life so that I had you to be held together more in times of pain,doubt,lows,anger, frustrations and push me to enjoy fully the highs despite my own perceived constraints.
    Its easy to give in or give up for a loved one. But you helped me in the process of doing it with grace and mature acceptance that Raghuraman is different and brilliant in his own way .That its ok to be different .
    Happiness comes from knowing what is and accepting it as it is. That's pure joy which overrides the conditioned joys.
    Once again a heartfelt thank you for being there for me and helping me out in the process of seeing the good in my children .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Girija, your words almost made me tear up, need I say more.....
    And it's been wonderful to hear how excellent the concert and Raghu's performance was, not just from you, but from Vishakha too. She said it's not only his amazing skill with the guitar, but also his love for music that just shone through.
    Congrats again !!

    ReplyDelete