Sunday, November 3, 2019

A month of reposts

This was an idea that I picked up from one of my favourite newsletters......brainpickings by Maria Popova. It's a weekly newsletter, of just three articles, that I've been receiving for years now.

When Maria Popova got into the thick of writing a book, she chose to repost articles from her website archives to keep the momentum going.......and while I initially found myself disappointed......I grew to love the idea, as they were write ups I'd either missed, or even more significantly..... write ups that were worth rereading.

Hello, Smitha Devara! This is the Brain Pickings midweek pick-me-up: Once a week, I plunge into my 13-year archive and choose something worth resurfacing and resavoring as timeless nourishment for heart, mind, and spirit. 


While I don't have a reason as lofty as 'writing a book', I do have a month ahead where I have enough on my plate, to make me concerned about not dropping the ball on any one of those pieces. And I'm going one up on it, I'm going to pick a post which has been picked by someone somewhere that day......after all six years of archives does give you a fairly nice treasure of posts.

For those not aware, blogger analytics shows you your top ten posts read each day, not the who or where, but just the post titles. And that's what I'm going to do for this next one month. Repost stuff that's worth a reread.

It's an interesting experiment, as it's yet one way of enabling one to stay connected to the blog......and likely with parts and facets of one that have gone by :)

Looks like the prelude was long enough....actual start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment