Monday, January 29, 2018

The Timeless Tale of the Hero's Journey

This came into my inbox titled 'Joseph Campbell - Finding Joe', and thanks to both my children being huge Star Wars fans,  I opened . (Diksha has a tattoo from Star Wars and Dhruva a big Darth Vader statue in his room)

Star Wars is based on Joseph Campbell's philosophical paradigm.

I started watching out of curiosity. It was so beautifully made, that it kept my attention for the full stretch. A good one hour twenty minutes.

I really prefer the title 'Joseph Campbell - Finding Joe' to "The Timeless Tale of the Hero's Journey: Full Film', as one it's not really a film, not an animated film like it looks here.  It's a whole lot of people talking from their experience, and talking stuff that's well worth listening to, just put together beautifully.

It sort of grows on you as it develops in beauty and depth. I'd strongly recommend watching through to the end.



Thanks for sending Kiran. Even though, as you said you are still chipping away (pun intended) at the first five minutes, watching that bit twenty plus times, and not having watched the rest at all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment